|Viewing User Profile for: TwylahLaCroix|
TwylahLaCroix has contributed to 1 posts out of 6960 total posts
(0.01%) in 679 days (0.00 posts per day).
Most recent posts:
General Ergonomics Topics » Full-time Ergonomic Specialist Position Available!!! Jul 15, 2011 11:50 AM (Total replies: 0)
Kaiser Permanente - Woodland HIlls Medical Center
Posting Number - 071393
Position Title: WPS Ergonomic Specialist
Please create a profile and apply online via our job website: jobs.kp.org
also send resumes to Associate Recruiter- email@example.com
• One (1) to three (3) years experience in the field of Worker's Compensation and Disability.
• One (1) to three (3) years experience specific to Rehabilitation and/or Ergonomics.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field of study (e.g. Human Factors, Rehabilitation, Physiology) - OR - five (5) years of progressive Rehabilitation, Ergonomics or Risk Management experience may be substituted for Bachelor's Degree.
• Certified Ergonomics Associate (CEA), Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, or completion of an ergonomic/rehabilitation assessment program preferred.
• Related licensure in field of healthcare (e.g. PT, OT, RN) preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ergonomics and body mechanics.
• Knowledge of workstation evaluations.
• Ability to work with Window's based operating system.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA, Title 22, EEOC. DFEH, ADA, FMLA AND CFRA.
• Position requires considerable walking, standing, sitting and moderate lifting.
• Ability to provide training regarding body mechanics and ergonomics.
• Demonstrated knowledge regarding ergonomic workstation.
• Consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
Conducts ergonomic assessments, generates evaluation reports related to training and provides expert consultation to physicians and all employees regarding workplace safety matters to reduce the risk of human injury, potential liability and loss of Company assets pertaining to ergonomic/body mechanics workplace safety matters.
Conduct ergonomic work site assessments in office, materials handling, patient handling, laboratory, pharmacy, and patient care settings. Create detailed reports and recommendations suitable for Workers' Compensation. Perform departmental assessments, develop and deliver employee training tailored to the tasks and needs of individual departments. Participate in developing implementing and maintaining new employee orientation, manager training, assessment tools, and other ergonomics program materials and activities as appropriate.
• Assist in identifying the nature and location of workplace ergonomic hazards, and implementation of measures to reduce or eliminate such problems.
• Conduct ergonomic assessments and generate ergonomic evaluation reports.
• Works with construction staff to design and implement recommendations.
• Apply ergonomic/body mechanic expertise for the control of exposures which have caused or may cause RMIs including work station redesign, adjustable fixtures and tool redesign by determination and application of technically and economically feasible means of abatement.
• As directed, performs ergonomic job hazard analyses of work stations with identified risk factors including job process, work station and work method and follow up to evaluate effectiveness of changes.
• Works to train all levels of employees regarding safety training including the proper use of and procedures for tools and equipment as well as general training on risk factors contributing to ergonomic hazards.
• Provides body mechanics education and training.
• Provides tracking/trending information and recommendations to mitigate workplace injuries and illnesses and maintains associated database.